Friday, February 19, 2016

8 Songs to Change Your Life

Music will change your life.
Though I have said many times that, for me at least, coffee makes the world go 'round I also believe music plays a big part in that. That's probably one of the reasons my headphones are permanently attached to me, ha ha. So without further ado, here are 8 songs that will change your life!
The first one is the "current obsession", the one song that you can listen to on repeat all day without getting sick of it. For me at the moment that song is by Aron Wright - I Surrender. It was recently featured on Grey's Anatomy and ever since then it has found it's way into my heart and head. It's one of those songs that brings you the classic tale of hurt and hope.
Next up is the "love song", that will always make you think of someone you love or have loved deeply. I bring you: James Bay - Scars. His raspy voice makes even your fingertips tingly and your heart ache for days long past.
There's the "apology song" that lists a lot of regrets for past wrong doings and makes even the best of us think twice about our past actions. City and Colour - The Girl perfectly sums up the sacrifices others make for us and the regret of not appreciating them more for it.
Hozier - Take Me To Church brings us the "brave song", the one song that while discussing current social issues also makes you want to be brave. All about silenced screams it is pushed through by one of the best voices of our time.
The "declaration song" comes from The Lumineers - Ho Hey. A short upbeat song that simply states a desire to be with someone.
OneRepublic - I Lived is one heck of a "party song"! While it might start out slow, it propels you into a dancing mood within seconds!
For the days that you feel like crawling under your blankets, shutting the blinds and never leaving your bed again, I give you the "comfort song" The Civil Wars - Dust to Dust. It will match your mood while silently comforting you with the softness of Joy Williams and John Paul White's voices.
Finally, the "guilty pleasure song" is that one song you know you like and makes you smile but you're too afraid to share with anyone. Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance always manages to lift my spirits, ha ha!
There are many more songs that can replace the ones I mentioned above and make our life just a little bit better, sadly I can't list them all or we would never get through this article, ha ha. For every part of our life there is a song that will either help us through it or make it even better and match our happiness. So dive in and enjoy the music.
Geek out!


No comments:

Post a Comment