Monday, February 1, 2016

How to Beat the Monday Blues

Coffee should be hot and foamy.
Since we are all trapped in an eternal loop destined to repeat itself, we have arrived at that point again where the bad began. You guessed it, it's Monday! And as you might know by now, I'm not a big fan of Mondays, partly because I wish weekends were longer so I could have one more day of laziness and partly because usually everything that can go wrong, goes wrong on a Monday. Besides, everyone is sleepy and moody and usually the best escape is to put on those headphones and try to get through the day without starting world war three with your friends. Anyone else in the same metaphorical boat with me?
Anyway where were we? Ah yes, the famous Monday blues. Nothing left but try and survive it, so here are my tips on how to do so. First of all, start the day happy = CHOCOLATE! You heard me, forget about your diet and just help yourself out. Next is coffee, no brainer really, this one is essential! Once you have that there is nothing else to do but to hunt down your headphones and look for the appropriate songs. I believe there are two types of scenarios that can happen, you start listening to some happy-pop-dance inducing song, or you go down the path of City and Colour or Thirty Seconds to Mars or James Bay.
Sadly I can't help you with the former, but I can with the latter. So here are some of my favourite songs that usually either get me out of the blues or help me survive it. Walking on Cars - Catch me if you can, now this one is also my ringtone, so it had to be my first choice. Just give it a chance and I'm pretty sure it will find it's way into your playlist. Then there's also City and Colour - The Girl, Casting Crowns - Broken Together , Above & Beyond - Little Something, Kodaline - High Hopes  and let's not forget The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather. Also, if you're really down there's always Breaking Benjamin - Ashes of Eden!
Those are just a few, but they will help you tune everything out for a bit, until you are properly caffeinated and ready to join the real world. That's mostly all I got, just take it song by song and sip your delicious coffee. Also, if you have a gaming room at your company, spend some time there, gaming always helps! Don't worry, Monday will be over in no time. Let me know what some of your tips are on how to beat the Monday blues. Hang in there.
Geek out!

No comments:

Post a Comment