Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ugh, Why Are Thursdays The Worst?

Netflix and chill.
You know that feeling when you wake up and for a few seconds you think it's Friday and you just have to get through the day and you can enjoy the weekend? So you get yourself out of bed somehow only to realise it's Thursday.
Also, don't you hate it when your friends talk you into doing stuff you don't want? Especially when all you want is to stay at home in bed all day and sleep? Then again you can't always stay inside, that's just antisocial. *Or so I keep hearing...*
But then you do go out and end up at a movie theater. What's up with those nowadays? I mean seriously, what happened to good manners and showing some respect? I used to love to go to the movies with my friends, have a good time, see a new movie, eat a ton of popcorn... But now honestly, every time someone asks me to go see a movie there's about a thousand other things I can think of I'd rather do, clean my room, work an extra Saturday, literally anything else. And don't get me wrong. it's not because the movies suck, or because the prices have gone up *well, let's not ignore that completely either*, it's actually because of the other people in the theater. This new wave of teens and pre-teens or whatever they are called are ruining the movie theater viewing experience *is that a thing?*. I went to see an action movie the other day, man they wouldn't stop talking! And I don't mean normal commentary during the movie, or even about the movie, no I mean nonsense and childish gossip. Now you might say, well wait a minute, you're being too harsh. All I have to say to that is: NO! Trust me, I'm usually a very calm person, I don't really get upset that easily, also I don't really care what goes on around me. But if I go to the movies and you sit in the back and I can't hear the movie, in the freakin movie theater because of you, than you know you are being loud and obnoxious.
Phew, ranting feels good sometimes. No worries, this is easy enough to fix, this geek prefers to stay home and watch her Netflix queue! Anyone else having the same issues? I really hope you aren't, if you are tell me what you think we could do to take back the movie theater. Ha ha, have a good day.
Geek out!

No comments:

Post a Comment