Monday, January 4, 2016

New year resolutions and fuzzy champagne

Fuzzy champagne.
First of all, 2015 you were great and you will be missed! *takes a moment of silence, and a big sip of coffee*.
Now, how is your first Monday going? Mine, as it turns out is going great. Got to sleep in, got my coffee and my trusted laptop close by. Also, I get to spend it in bed under my comfy blanket and pretty much sleep the day away. Decided to lock myself inside for the day, binge watch some shows, order some food and avoid the outside world for a little bit longer. *wow, I sound like one of those people that are happy when plans get cancelled. Oh wait, I am one of those people. Ha ha.*
How was your new years eve? Was it everything you hoped it would be? Did you wear your shiny dresses and bow ties? Also did you kiss anyone at midnight?
I always liked that, kissing someone at midnight, like that somehow meant you would be together and it would all be ok for the coming year at least. Oh well, fairy tales will make your reality a bit distorted.
Also, did you make your new year resolutions? I have a few. Last year I had a lot of them and I didn't manage to do them all, so this year I am keeping it simple. Be brave and look for the unexpected, try and meet new people as often as I can, be more social *apparently being a geeky shut in that is more comfortable in her room with her head buried in her devices and books is frowned upon*, and learn something new.
These are the basics that I hope will drive me this year. What are some of your resolutions? Are you keeping it simple? I hope this Monday treats you right, I am off to start binge watching Grey's Anatomy. Don't forget, lots of coffee and you will get through the day just fine.
Geek out!

No comments:

Post a Comment