Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Early Morning Wake Up Calls and Weekend Fever

Winter has it's moments.
Waking up early is as much of a reward as it is a burden. And some things even coffee can't fix. Of course that doesn't mean we don't try, after all there is no good morning without coffee. So let's get started with our day shall we?
The good news *and yes I have some good news at this ungodly hour* is that today is Wednesday which means we are only 3 days away from the weekend! Can I get a whoop whoop? *Sorry, I go full nerd sometimes*.
Anyway, every year I try to experience new things and visit new places go on exciting adventures. So I need ideas for this year, what cool places have you been to that left an impression and have earned themselves a place in your memories forever? Travelling is one of the things that keeps me going on early mornings such as this one, or at least the hope of travelling in the future. Making plans and dreaming of places far away. Recently, dreaming of places where the temperatures aren't sub freezing like say -13 degrees Celsius. As you can imagine my fluffy blanket is stuck to me like superglue! But winter does have it's advantages, it comes with a sense of nostalgia and magic. Turning the usual, mundane things into beautiful pieces of art. And I love that!
Also, it makes photography so much more fun. I love sharing my view of the world through photography, somehow it seems to be a window into someone's life without having met them before. I always feel better when I'm behind a camera looking through my lens at how the world is moving and changing. I feel safe there, more like me. Do you ever have that feeling? Like it's the one thing that makes you smile no matter how bad a day you are having? Let me know what makes you feel that way and if you hate early morning wake up calls as much as me. Have a fun and productive day.
Geek out!

No comments:

Post a Comment