Thursday, December 17, 2015

Ramblings of an overly caffeinated geek

To all the Starbucks & Christmas lovers!
Morning routines. Everyone has one, some people like to start their morning by reading the newspaper, some like to eat their favourite cereal and watch the morning cartoons. Then there's us, the geeks, we usually start with our heads buried in our devices and we only emerge for a sip of hot fresh made coffee. (Looks for favourite Starbucks mug and takes a sip of a foamy Cappuccino).

Nowadays with how popular and easily accessible Social Media is and how omnipresent the Internet is, it feels like this could be the age of the geek. Which is fine by me, seeing as how I'm pretty much addicted to Instagram and I'm a big fan of Facebook, let's not get into my feelings about blogs! So, I think it's safe to say, I feel pretty at home in this era. I've gotten used to seeing the world mostly through my devices. I do get the occasional break from what is now my usual routine, when I go exploring, or when I travel. Then I usually get to see the world from behind my camera.

Now don't go picturing one of those people that walk around with their nose in their phones or tablets, that by accident hit a pole and say sorry without looking up to see what or who they hit. (I always find that so funny, apologizing to poles on the street, ha ha.)
So yes, we have entered what I like to call the age of the geek, and it's fueled by love for technology and the ultimate superpower - social media. Also, at least in my case, by lots and lots of delicious coffee!
Now that I have been rambling to you for what seems like a long time, I leave you to your day, or the end of your day for some of you. Time to go home, get into fuzzy pajamas and watch Arrow!
Geek out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment