Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmaholics season

Christmas magic.
'Tis the season to be happy! Best time of the year is, hands down, Christmas. There's something about this holiday that brings out the best in everyone. All the foolish grudges are put aside, friends you rarely see come visiting and family you usually avoid, for one reason or another, is together in one place. And you're happy about it. Magical time of the year indeed.
It's not just about the presents, and as we get older I think we realise that more and more. You know how when you were little you always wanted all the new toys and sweets and whatever else you thought you couldn't live without. Now, it's more about the things you can't buy. Don't get me wrong, I love gifts, but I think time spent with people who love you or seeing someone that really needs it happy, well those things are somehow better than any present.
I love spending the day at home getting everything ready for Christmas dinner. I think everyone has their own traditions and small things that make this day special to them. Mine of course all involve the usual, family time, cooking with mom, spending time with my dad, skyping with my sister, tons of coffee to get through all of it. Ha ha.
Then there's also the best part, you're home with no other plans, so you can say, do all those things while wearing your comfy onesie and fluffy socks. Or is that just me? Oh well, being a rambling geek in a onesie with fluffy socks is perfectly normal, or so I hope. At least on Christmas it is.
I hope everyone has the best time and spends it the right way, with their loved ones and a delicious cup of coffee. Though, maybe some will exchange that for eggnog? Have a good one!
Geek out.

No comments:

Post a Comment