Monday, December 21, 2015

Case of the monday scarries

First Christmas gift this year.
Love the coffee candle! ♥
I believe Shakespeare said it best when he said: "to sleep or not to sleep". No wait, that sounds wrong. Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet. Anyway you know how Sundays you say you are going to go to sleep early so you are well rested and a functional person on Monday? Yeah, I had that plan last night, so obviously I watched movies until 2AM. So this morning was all about changing my mind over and over again, and as if the weather and the fact that it's Monday wasn't enough, my bed was giving me a hard time. Trying to trick me with offering me sleep and fuzzy blankets.
Long story short, I got out of bed and braved the cold Monday morning air, not without my comfy Christmas sweater of course. The really good news is there's only 3 days left till Christmas! Does everyone have all their gifts bought and wrapped? Mine are all under the tree or safely hidden away in the closet. (That's normal, right?)
I love how the city and all the buildings get Christmafied (still not sure that's a real word), all the pretty decorations and the shiny lights, they just make me love the holidays even more. 
You know what I hate though? Christmas shopping, when you go looking for presents and you half way know what you want and half way don't? Then there's all those people, I mean seriously? I honestly believe people multiply during the holiday season, I mean I never see that many people in one place, like ever? Where do they all come from? Have they been here all along? It's all just so confusing and tiring and loud. The part I do love is wrapping the presents, I have this tradition with my dad, we always wrap the presents together, he mostly does all the work though (I'm not the best wrapper, but I make a good wrapper-helper, wrapping intern?). It's one of my favourite holiday traditions. 
What are some of your favourite holiday traditions? I hope they somehow involve coffee and family and fun! 
Geek out!

No comments:

Post a Comment